Welcome to the Health Professional Councils Authority (HPCA)
The Health Professional Councils Authority is an administrative body that supports the 14 health professional Councils to perform their regulatory and legislative functions under the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme.
The 14 Councils are listed below. The website for each Council can be accessed by selecting the relevant link:
This site provides information on:
- how to make a notification (complaint) and the notifications (complaints) management processes
- links to specific Council websites
- the role and function of the various agencies involved in the complaint process and links to their websites
- the adjudicating bodies involved in notifications (complaints) management - Panels, Committees and Tribunals
- frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- how to contact or provide feedback to the HPCA or the Councils.
The HPCA and the NSW Councils are not responsible for the registration of health practitioners or students. All registration matters for NSW are managed by the NSW office of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA):
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
680 George Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000
Telephone: 1300 419 495
If you have a notification (complaint) regarding a health professional outside of NSW, please contact AHPRA at the above address.
The HPCA is actively working towards achieving Level AA Compliance. It aims to achieve this by April/May 2016.