The Psychology Council of New South Wales came into existence from 1 July 2010 with the commencement of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme.
The Psychology Council has the responsibility to deal with complaints about the conduct, professional performance, health and competence (fitness to practise) of any psychologist employed in New South Wales (NSW) and any psychology student.
The Council is established and functions in accordance with the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) and the Health Practitioner Regulation (New South Wales) Regulation 2016.
In NSW, the Health Care Complaints Commission continues to have an integral role in complaints management as the independent investigator and prosecutor of complaints, and will work in consultation with the Psychology Council on the investigation and management of all complaints www.hccc.nsw.gov.au
The Psychology Council is located at:
Level 6, 477 Pitt Street
Telephone: 1300 197 177
The Psychology Council comprises eight members:
- Professor Alexander Blaszczynski (President)
- Associate Professor William Warren (Deputy President)
- Mr Thomas O'Neill (Psychologist Member)
- Dr Robyn Vines (Psychologist Member)
- Dr Lizabeth Tong (Psychologist Member)
- Ms Margo Gill (Community Member)
- Mr Robert Lorschy (Community Member)
- Mr Hugh Macken (Legal Member)
The Executive Officer and support staff are employed by the HPCA, which is an administrative unit of the Health Administration Corporation.
If you have a complaint regarding a health professional outside of NSW, please contact AHPRA www.ahpra.gov.au