The Pharmacy Council of New South Wales is a statutory body established on 1 July 2010 under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW). It is part of the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme of health professionals.
The Council consists of 10 members, including:
- 7 practising pharmacists
- a legal member, and
- two community representatives.
Five pharmacist members are elected by a vote of practising pharmacists, and the other five members are nominated by the Minister for Health and appointed by the Governor of NSW.
The pharmacist members are all practising registered pharmacists, just like you. They have a wide range of expertise spanning community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, pharmacy ownership, and academia.
The current Council members are:
- Mr Stuart Ludington (President and pharmacist)
- Mr Adrian Lee (Deputy President and pharmacist)
- Ms Joyce Cooper (Pharmacist)
- Ms Terry Maunsell (Pharmacist)
- Ms Anne Reynolds (Pharmacist)
- Mr Mike Anderson (Pharmacist)
- Mr Paul Sinclair (Pharmacist)
- Ms Penny Ho (Legal Member)
- Ms Marilyn Starr (Community Member)
- Ms Carolyn Burlew (Community Member)
The Executive Officer and support staff are employed by the HPCA, which is an administrative unit of the Health Administration Corporation.
Click here for details on how to contact us.