Welcome to the Nursing and Midwifery Council of New South Wales
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of New South Wales is a statutory body that was established in July 2010 under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW). The Council manages notifications (complaints) about the conduct, performance or health of nursing and midwifery practitioners and students.
This site provides information on:
- the role, functions, activities and membership of the Council
- how to make a notifications (complaint) and the notifications (complaints) management processes
- the role and functions of the agencies involved in the notifications (complaint) process and links to their websites
- the adjudicating bodies involved in notifications (complaints) management - Panels, Committees and Tribunals
- a link to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia website for information on the standards, codes of conduct and guidelines that apply to practitioners
- links to other relevant websites
- frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Please see our Nursing and Midwifery Register page for more information.
People who prefer a language other than English should contact the Council through the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) on 131 450. Interpreters can be arranged by the Council to discuss a notification (complaint). TIS is a free and confidential service.
How to contact the Council in 19 languages (PDF 128 KB)